June 24, 2021 — June 27, 2021 In Our Homes
In June, Be Present, Inc. and Wisdom & Money will co-host a transformative training workshop for people who would like to experience the union of transformative spiritual and money practices using a model of empowerment that creates sustainable leadership for social justice.
Donation option: If you would like to offer a donation to support Wisdom & Money in this collaborative work with Be Present, Inc., you may do so here. Please indicate “For Be Present and W&M collaboration” when submitting any gifts via our donation page.
In June, Be Present, Inc. and Wisdom & Money will co-host a transformative training workshop for people who would like to experience the union of transformative spiritual and money practices using a model of empowerment that creates sustainable leadership for social justice. We invite you to participate in this one-of-a-kind offering.
Later this year we will begin our 18-month training institute in practices that have proven successful in helping to sustain leadership and partnership in the movement for justice.
Both the workshop and the institute will be hosted by our organizations—collectively known as the Trailblazing Collaborative—that have been working toward individual and collective empowerment and equality for a combined 60 years.
Rooted in the wisdom and prophetic traditions of Christianity, Wisdom & Money is an organization that invites people who identify as financially wealthy or from the culture of wealth to engage with money as a doorway to spiritual transformation at the personal, communal, and systemic levels.
Be Present, Inc. teaches a model that allows one to know oneself outside of the distress of oppression, listen to others in a conscious and present state, and build lating and effective relationships.
Both organizations envision a society where people of all genders, faiths, races, cultures live, work, celebrate and worship in their unique particularities together. We believe that this vision calls to many.
What We’ll Practice Together
We have learned that the manifestation of this vision is realized through sustained transformative practice. In this training, we will practice:
The Be Present Empowerment Model™, a model that enables us personally and organizationally to move through issues of race, gender, power and class using three dynamic, interrelated realms:
- Knowing ourselves outside the distress of oppression
- Listening to others in a conscious and present state
- Building effective relationships and sustaining true alliance
This model allows us to:
- Replace silence with information
- Dismantle stereotypes
- Slow down interactions/conversations/processes
- Have resilience and flexibility
- Engage in difficult dialogue
- Build trust and lasting relationship
- Ground our work in a resolute commitment to stay through the process
- Celebrate and play!
Wisdom Spiritual Practices that flow from the Christian monastic tradition, an ancient source of spiritual wisdom. Wisdom Christianity shares much in common with the practices of other faith traditions and thus allows for a deepening connection across religious lines. Wisdom practices include:
- Mindful eating
- Lectio Divina (Sacred Reading)
- Embodiment of spiritual practice
Transformative Money Practices: Aligning our vision and understanding of money in order to create root level transformation at the personal, communal and systemic levels:
- Financial Transparency: Open Conversation About Money
- Grounding our fund development in vision and spirit, we practice:
- Vision Based Social Change Fund Development
- All participants are contributors to and benefit from the work of social justice and all aspects of fundraising are grounded in the social justice vision
- Sharing how funds are raised while simultaneously addressing and shifting access and power inequities
- Sharing collaborative fundraising which allows equal access to a diversity of participants
- Living In Gift: explores the concepts of “giving” and “receiving”
- Looking at money and wealth in relation to race, gender, power and class
- Sharing our understandings of the political, historical and economic story of money and wealth
- Sharing our personal experiences related to giving, asking, and receiving
- Engaging in creative and conscious money experiments that align vision and action
Registration Instructions, once again!
If you would like to offer a donation to support Wisdom & Money in this collaborative work with Be Present, you may do so here. Please indicate “For W&M and Be Present collaboration” when submitting any gifts via our donation page.
Please hold the following time frames for our meetings. We will not be meeting during this entire time; there will be breaks. Note we occasionally run over time, as it is important to us to not cut someone’s sharing short.
All times are EASTERN; please translate to your local time zone.
Thursday June 24
Friday June 25
12pm-6pm & 7:30pm-9:30pm
Saturday June 26
12pm-6pm & 7:30pm-9:30pm
Sunday June 27
If you're interested in attending this event, please sign up here and we'll be in touch with you.