A central mystery at the heart of Wisdom & Money is the sacred reality of giving and receiving. We recognize moments of sacred exchange as those where the distinctions between giver and receiver collapse and all are brought together in the mystery of grace. One way that we try to embody this sacred reality is be operating this ministry as an experiment in gift economy.
Wisdom & Money circles, workshops and retreats are offered in the spirit of gift. We do not charge for our services. Instead, we invite participants to join in the flow of gifting so that the work may be sustained and offered with others.
We welcome gifts of money, time, professional services, and frequent flyer miles. You may also designate Wisdom & Money to be the recipient of wires, stock transfers, charitable trusts, or bequests. Please contact Rose Feerick at 408-960-9139 for more details.
If you would like to review a copy of our planned 2019 activities and budget, please contact Rose. Some specific activities we are currently seeking funding for include:
- One to One spiritual companionship: $75 per hour
- Preparation for 2020 Rwanda Journey to Unity: $5000
- Production and mailing of a newsletter: $5000
- Development of jointly sponsored programs with Be Present, Inc.:* $3000
- Wisdom & Money weekend retreat: $7500
- All Network Gathering: $20,000
- Assessment Phase of Organizational Development consultancy with Be Present, Inc.:** $10,000
- Full Organizational Development consultancy: $56,000 (This may shift depending on the Assessment phase and will continue into 2020.)
- Reinstate staff benefits for last six months of year: $7000
* In February, we joined with Be Present in offering a workshop on “Sustaining a Practice of Community Engaged Transformative Philanthropy” and found that something very powerful is possible when the practices and networks of our two organizations come together to talk about money. We are currently in conversation to develop continued offerings together. Stay tuned!
**This year, we have engaged the Be Present Consultancy to support the continued development of transformative organizational systems that align with our vision, mission and values and that are in compliance with federal, state and local laws. This work not only supports the depth and integrity of Wisdom & Money’s work, it also is part of what we have to share. As we mentioned in our annual report, other non-profits have recently asked Wisdom & Money to share what we have learned about what it takes to develop and sustain organizational systems, especially related to human resources, which are grounded in principles of equity and justice!
Financial gifts should be payable to Wisdom & Money and mailed to:
Wisdom & Money
1259 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Wisdom & Money is a 501(c)3 organization, tax id # 47-5520977. Financial and certain in-kind contributions are tax deductible.